Thursday, November 13, 2008

My Main Street Is Better Than Your Main Street


After the economic fallout (aka the Not-So-Great Depression) and before the election, I had a mind to write a very poignant and eloquent blog about Main Street and the economy in my town. With all the talk of Real America™ and specifically Real Virginia™, I thought it might be interesting to see the real issues from a small town perspective. In this tourist town, economic hardships are not rare, and staying afloat means changing with the times, or moving on. Since I never got around to it I won't write the whole piece. Instead, I'm posting links to my current favorite spots in town and pictures that demonstrate the diversity that small towns in Real America™ have in this day and age. Enjoy!

The Town Clock
Toward one of the many antiques stores
The Catholic Bookstore
The Warren County Democratic Headquarters
Soul Mountain (restaurant)
The town gazebo. What? Your town doesn't have one?
Stokes General Store (Red Wings sold here!)
Closer to the antiques store

The Wine and Duck
Vino E Formaggio
Lucky Star Lounge
D&B's Chocolates and Confections
County Seat Pub

Discover Front Royal dot com

No comments: