Sunday, July 6, 2008

Happy Birthday, America!

Yay for the 4th of July being on a Friday! This means all Americans have a three day weekend, including yours truly. Fab! We went to hubby's high school friend's birthday party on Friday — her 30th, I can feel it looming! It was good times, burgers, hot dogs, all the fixin's. The kids had a blast and made some new friends. Boffo.

After that we headed to the folks' house and had some Dirty John's Style™ hot dogs and homemade raspberry ice cream. Then we ditched the kids there. Mwahahahaha.

I really like hanging out with my husband. I know it sounds cliché , but he's my best friend. Any time we get to spend alone is Time Well Spent. We imbibed (Cuba Libre is his current favorite cocktail) and fell asleep watching Blazing Saddles. I will neither confirm nor deny the presence of Gary as the reason for our movie choice.

On Saturday, we slept in. I tend to snore in the morning, so I slept later than hubby. We had coffee on the back porch and watched the Yankees/Red Sox game. Then we headed to a fancy bistro in town, Element (Thanks Helen!), which is an annex of Apartment 2G. Great food, great service and a fantastic atmosphere. It's sort of an oddity in this town, but I like odd. ;) Then it was home again for drinking and Midnight in the Garden of Good and Evil. I love that movie and I hadn't watched it since I'd gotten it two Xmas' ago. Great stuff.

So today, we're chillin' on the porch listening to some Fresh Tunes, awaiting the return of the children. It was good to have a break, but somehow I always (eventually) miss the noise. It's weird, right? :)

1 comment:

Me said...

For those NOT in the know. Dirty John's hotdogs are the greatest hot dogs EVER. The name of the joint is actually New Way Lunch http://www.roadfood.com/Reviews/Overview.aspx?RefID=3836 and you can imagine where the nickname came from.

so damn good.