Sunday, April 6, 2008

I Less than Three New York!

This weekend in New York has been BOFFO! We'd been planning it for months so we could coordinate schedules with friends and shows and the like, and everything was perfect.

I'd come up to New York last November to see the amazingly talented Australian musical comedian, Tim Minchin. When I discovered he was coming to the US again, this time Off-Broadway, I knew I had to come back. For this trip, however, I had much more time to plan. I wanted to take the ol' man and meet up with Deb. Lovely Lexa from Pasadena flew in from CA, and Julie, my Kentucky Woman, joined us as well. With the ample time frame, we were all able to make arrangements for the kids, jobs, etc. More importantly, we could schedule the trip as a triple header: Elephant Man (directed by the incredible Debaser) on Friday, Tim on Saturday, and a Yankees game at Yankee Stadium on Sunday. I know. Fucking BOFFO!

Because of all the fantastic fun we were having, I've decided to split the experience into several posts. I'll be working on gathering my thoughts on the three main events. We travel back to Dixie tomorrow, so I'll have everything up within the next few days. Stay tuned...

Also, I was twittering while I was in NY, so you can check out little snippets on my Twitter feed.

No comments: